Special Educational Needs (SEN) and Education Health Care Plans (EHCP)

If your child or young person up to the age of 25, has Special Educational Needs or a disability which affects them accessing the curriculum at their school or higher education provision, then additional support may be required above and beyond adjustments that the school or higher education provider can reasonably make.

A parent, guardian, school or young person aged 16 – 25 can apply at any time to the Local Authority for an Education Health Care Assessment. This would be with a view to an Education Health Care Plan being made. This is often the best course of action to take where, despite action taken to identify, assess and meet the Special Educational Needs of a child or young person, the child or young person has still not made the expected progress.

We are able to provide you with advice on the following issues:

Please contact Clare Roberts on 0115 9599550 to discuss any issue arising out of Special Educational Needs or Education Health Care Plans or use the form below.

© 2021 VHS Fletchers Solicitors | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority Number 488216