University Complaints

There are a variety of reasons why a student may have cause for complaint with a university. These can range from an issue with teaching standards to the behaviour of a particular lecturer. It may relate to an examination or assignment mark, placements on offer or accommodation.

We always advise a student in the first instance, to go through the internal complaints procedure, the details for which will be on the university website. We do offer advice and assistance with the drafting of letters of complaint for students who want some assistance at the early stages of a complaint. Sometimes, this early intervention can seek the results you are looking for without the matter escalating further.

If, however, you exhaust the internal complaints procedure, and still do not yet the resolution you require, you can then request a Completion of Procedures letter from the university, (which confirms in writing that you have exhausted their internal complaints avenues) and take the matter thereafter to the Office of the Independent Adjudicator.

Please contact Clare Roberts on 0115 9599550 to discuss any issue arising out of university complaints or use the form below.

© 2021 VHS Fletchers Solicitors | Authorised and Regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority Number 488216