Our Firearms law team is headed by Andrew Broome, who has a nationally recognised expertise in this area. Our clients range from individual Shotgun and Firearms certificate holders, to gun clubs, gunsmiths, and national and international firearms dealers.
We can advise and assist with all areas of the firearms law, including:
- Knives, imitation firearms, and air weapons, including antiques.
- Replica weapons, and deactivation issues.
- Those charged with the possession of illegally held or prohibited weapons.
- Poaching, Coursing, or Wildlife Crime.
- Appeals regarding the grant or revocation of certificates, including negotiating with Firearms Licensing departments.
- Advising shooting grounds on operational issues, including Health and Safety, Risk assessment and Range Orders.
- Advising clubs/proprietors on Investigations arising from accidents.
- Providing advice to those involved in maritime or overseas security.
- Advising and assisting Registered firearms dealers on legal issues including appeals.
- Assisting dealers on importation issues, including transactions subject to ITAR 2012.
- Assisting proprietors or clubs affected by Noise abatement problems and nuisance Claims.
- Advising those in need of advice regarding maritime training (conducting or receiving).
For those convicted of a Firearms offence, the courts can impose draconian sentences. For businesses facing Regulatory problems, the loss of reputation or livelihood is a real and significant prospect. At the first sign of a problem, don’t delay but seek advice from a firearms lawyer. We are happy to help, and you may be eligible for legal aid for some matters depending on status.
We have offices in Nottingham, Derby, Chesterfield, Mansfield, Ilkeston and Newark.